Back in Apr 2016 when I introduced version 8 of FileLocator Pro I ended with a ‘Roadmap’ of planned features for version 8:
- Customizable columns – the ability to add/remove columns and column options such as Author or Comments.
- Document preview – WYSIWYG view for the most common document formats.
- Thunderbird email searching.
- Allow file criteria to be included in Persistent Search Filters.
- Support for WPD attached storage (e.g. Phones).
The list was based on customer feedback and contained features I knew people wanted and would be disappointed weren’t in the initial release. I’m pleased to say that with build 2878 of FileLocator Pro the last of those promised features has been implemented. Over the last few years there’s been a lot of really nice new features added to the product which weren’t on the list but honouring the promises on the list was a major focus of the development efforts.